“This experience will be remembered as a time of learning and going out of my comfort zone to better myself and form opinions on issues.” Sharon, Generate 2013 student
Generate 2019 is a dynamic education summit to provide 84 high school students and 42 teachers with a unique opportunity to learn, share and advance energy and climate education in Alberta.
- Generate 2019 features a one-of-a-kind summit structure incorporating experiential project-based learning
- Plenary sessions for teachers and students to learn together will complement by parallel programming to add value for each audience;
- Following the summit vision, Generate 2019 strives to reduce our environmental impact through green choices and practices.
- Generate 2019 will explore energy sources, their development and the associated climate topics from multiple perspectives;
- Sessions are to examine the environmental, social, and economic challenges and opportunities related to energy development and use in Alberta;
- Concurrent programs aim to enable both students and teachers to apply their learning back in the classroom.
- A series of presentations by experts followed by question and answer periods; interactive workshops and demonstrations;
- Evening social events include a welcome reception, a semi-formal gala dinner with a keynote speaker and a western themed BBQ;
- Project planning sessions will give teams a chance to start putting their ideas into action.
Teams promote sustainability in their home communities through an energy education project following the summit. School Leadership Teams will be challenged to develop an Energy & Climate Education Project – an education and action plan for implementation upon return to their schools.