“Not only did I learn so much, but I made so many new friends and left with the belief that my voice is important and capable of initiating change.”
-Arshdeep, Student, Generate 2017
Generate 2019 (March 14th-17th) is a dynamic education summit to provide 80 high school students and 40 teachers with a unique opportunity to learn, share and advance energy and climate education in Alberta. More information about the 2019 Program will be available in Fall 2018; in the meantime, check out what took place at Generate 2017.
A Dynamic Program Structure
- Generate features a one-of-a-kind summit structure incorporating experiential project-based learning that is connected directly to your school.
- Sessions, workshops, roundtables, demonstrations, activities and gala keynote designed to engage both students and teachers.
- Evening social events include a welcome reception, a semi-formal gala dinner with a keynote speaker and a western themed BBQ;
- Project planning sessions will give teams a chance to start putting their ideas into action.
Generate will explore energy sources, their development and connected climate topics from multiple perspectives. Sessions led by expert guests will examine the environmental, social, and economic challenges and opportunities related to energy development and climate change in Alberta.
- Energy resources and development
- Current and emerging energy and climate issues
- The future of energy – Research, technology, innovation & careers
- Energy use, efficiency, conservation & stewardship
- Young energy & climate leaders – Inspiring Action through Energy & Climate Education Projects
We are busy putting together an amazing program that will bring current energy and climate topics to life. Themes have been carefully selected to generate meaningful conversations and support you in developing your energy education action project.
Past Generate 2017 Program Overview
Following the summit vision,
Generate strives to reduce our environmental impact through green choices and practices.