“Not only did I learn so much, but I made so many new friends and left with the belief that my voice is important and capable of initiating change.”
-Arshdeep, Student, Generate Participant
Generate 2019 (March 14th-17th) is a dynamic education summit that provides 80 high school students and 40 teachers with a unique opportunity to learn about, collaborate on and ultimately advance energy and climate education in Alberta.
A Dynamic Program Structure
- Generate features a one-of-a-kind summit structure that connects experiential project-based learning [deleted] directly to your school and community.
- Sessions, workshops, roundtables, demonstrations, activities and gala keynote are designed to engage both students and teachers.
- Generate will explore Alberta’s energy story, including our energy resources, associated technologies, and innovations and the connections to climate change; all through the lens of multiple perspectives.
- Sessions led by expert guests will examine the environmental, social, and economic challenges and opportunities related to energy development and climate change in Alberta.
Generate will explore energy sources, their development and connected climate topics from multiple perspectives. Sessions led by expert guests will examine the environmental, social, and economic challenges and opportunities related to energy development and climate change in Alberta.
- Energy resources and development
- Current and emerging energy and climate issues
- The future of energy – Research, technology, innovation, and careers
- Energy use, efficiency, conservation, and stewardship
- Young energy & climate leaders – Inspiring Action through Energy and Climate Education Projects
We are busy putting together an amazing program that will bring current energy and climate topics to life. Themes have been carefully selected to generate meaningful conversations and support you in developing your energy education action project.
Generate 2019 Program Overview
Following the summit vision,
Generate strives to reduce our environmental impact through green choices and practices.